Monday, November 23, 2009

It's Begining to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

I am so not afraid to admit that I LOOOOVVVEEEE Christmas!  I love the decorations, the food, the shopping and of course, the presents!  I am not, I repeat NOT one of those crazy people who put their decorations up as soon as Halloween is over.  I normally wait until the day after Thanksgiving, however, this year, Bryan and I will be in Phoenix until the 30th, so I wanted to get it done since I know I will be tired once we return.

This year is especially fun because we are in our new house!  I already had plenty of decor from apartment living, but a new house calls for new decor, right?...  That's what I thought too! Above you'll see the outside of our house... I am thinking we need to add more to it though... Maybe some lights on each pillar? Yeah, that's what I thought.  Next you'll see my tree.  You can see my holiday colors of choice are red, silver and white.  It just so happens to match our curtains too!  I think my favorite part of my tree is my tree skirt... It is actually just a red flat-sheet because I couldn't afford a real one when I was in college, but I love how full it looks compared to a regular tree skirt, so I've kept it!

Next is our entertainment area, easily my favorite area I decorated. I got the "Ho,Ho, Ho" sign at Target for $2.50!!! Score! I also have some candle holders that were not done in time for the picture that I will post some other time that I Love! ... Yes, there are four stockings and two humans in the house... I am that crazy person who gets gifts for their pets. Deal with it.

I love ball ordainments.  I love how simple and classic they look.  I also love how it is a huge decor trend right now! So, this year I threw them in wherever I usually use vase filler.  Easy AND cheap!!!
More ordainment decor... The bow is too big, gonna have to change that.
A close up of the entertainment area.

Let the Holidays begin!!! (Bryan and Wrigley refused to pose for the picture, so it's just JD and I.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is Christmas here already? Great holiday decor. Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to link my project up to your blog.
Thanks!

Katy @ Eat Drink & Decorate said...

Love the mix of ornaments and pinecones! Also great idea using your media center for your fireplace. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!!