Friday, March 27, 2009

Introducing Wrigley Fransico


I told you to be on the look out for a blog about the impact Tristan's cats had on me...
As many of you know, I am a huge dog person, I just love them! I want a puppy more than anything in the world, however, it would not be fair to subject a puppy to my lifestyle at the moment, living in an apartment and always being on the go. Bryan's mom is a huge cat person and as I have spent more time at his house, I have grown to love the little critters. (Even though Fuzzy has a tendancy to attack on occasion.)
So, I began toying with the idea of getting a cat. I was on the fence about it until I visited Tristan and Brody in Des Moines. Both of them have cats and while we were there I just absolutly loved playing with them! I decided that weekend to get my own. This past weekend I went to the Cedar Rapids Humane Society and found the little guy pictured above. He was the first one I saw when I walked in the room and it was love at first site! I started the adoption process and found out on Tuesday that I had been approved. I get to bring the little guy home next Friday.
While thinking about names, Bryan was adament that I name him Fransico. (He likes the way it sounds when he yells it.) I wasn't too crazy about it, but I definately liked the name Wrigley after my favorite teambaseball team, the Cubbies! However, Bryan informed me that he was going to call him Fransico regardless of what I named him and since I am relying on him for major support and guidance through this process (since I have no idea what I am doing with a cat!) I combine the two names and it actually sounds pretty cool!
After I get the little guy home next week, I will be sure to post more pictures and I am sure I will have many, many storied about him since I am clueless going in to this. He is going to pick up on this right away and take total advantage of it, I just know it. :) I am excited to have a pet to take care of though and have something other than myself to talk to when I am at my apartment.

No comments: