Thursday, March 5, 2009

Birthday Trip to Phoenix

I am really horrible about keeping my page updated! Anyway, for my 26th birthday on February 18th Bryan and I took a long weekend to Phoenix. He used to live there and his brother (Mike) and sister-in-law (Jill) are down there now along with all his college roomates, so we had plenty to do and plenty of places to stay. I had never been to the south west before and I loved it, although, I think visiting is enough. There were actual real cactuses (sp?) everywhere and the weather was perfect while we were down there. During our trip, we hiked to the top of South Mountain, I was not sure if I would like it or not but I had a blast and it was such a sense of accomplishment when we reached the top. I will definately climb another, bigger mountain during my lifetime! I also got my first tattoo while down there! I was nervous and I'm not going to lie, it didn't feel like I was being tickeled with a feather, but I think it is really cool and I would like to get another one some day. We also spent time with Bryan's college roomates and their finacees, wives and girlfriends, they were all such nice, down to earth people! It was also a lot of fun hanging out with Mike and Jill - you can definately see the brotherly bond there. (Between Bryan and Mike, not between Mike and Jill.) It was a great, relaxing trip and I definately want to go back someday in the near future!



South Mountain











Hiking to the Top









My first tattoo!









Out on the town in Phoenix!








No comments: