Saturday, February 27, 2010

I Never Win Anything... Until Now!

I never win anything.  Ever.  Even when there are ten prizes for eleven people, I will now win.  So, imagine my surprise and elation this past Tuesday when I was notified that I won a DROID!  (For my not-so-technologically-savvy readers, a DROID is only the coolest new phone on the market.  Similar to the iPhone, but on the awesome Verizon network.)

To win my DROID, I entered a contest that I saw on Twitter.  Basically, you had to follow a guy by the name of Pek (click here to follow him youself) and retweet a hashtag that he had created.  (For those of you who do not use Twitter, I had to post a certain link.)  I am not sure how many people entered the contest, but I clicked on the hashtag (link) after I won and it looked like there were quite a few people.  

I have to admit, when Pek messaged me on Tuesday to let me know that I won, I was a bit skeptical that is was a scam.  He asked for my address to ship me my phone, so, to be on the safe side, I had him ship it to work.  I figured if it was a scam, he could do a lot less damage with my work address rather than my home address.  :)  Low and behold, it was NOT a scam and Pek is a pretty awesome guy!  He has a pretty interesting blog, which just happens to feature a post about yours-truely if you want to check it out.

To make this whole thing even better, I have wanted a DROID since I first heard about them in October.  I love having the latest phones and was hoping and praying that Verizon would get the iPhone sometime this year.  Since they have come out with the DROID, it is obvious they have no desire to play ball with Apple for the rights to sell the iPhone, and honestly, now I don't care.  The DROID is freaking awesome with LOADS of free applications.  In fact, I may do some posts about my favorite apps sometime soon... The stuff that phones can do now is just amazing - does everyone remember using their parent's bag phones in the early 90's and thinking they were the coolest people ever!?  :)

Anyway - huge shout-out to Pek and thanks again for my new phone - I love it!  If any of you are considering getting one - DO IT!  You won't regret it.  As for me, I will now be entering ever contest I see from now until the day I die. :)