Thursday, March 11, 2010

Southwest Egg Rolls

I got this recipe from Sister's Stuff (LOVE their blog BTW - they have some awesome, simple recipes.)  I tweaked it a little for our taste (the recipe below is with my tweaks)... The avocado ranch is soooo good!  I'm a huge avocado fan and am so happy they're coming back into season!!!

This recipe actually made quite a bit so it would be good for a family recipe.  I love leftovers because it twice the meal with half the cooking, so it worked well for us too.  Enjoy!

  • 1 lb chicken chicken tenders, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, minced
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 small can green chilies
  • ½ T parsley
  • ½ t cumin
  • ½ t salt
  • Dash cayenne pepper
  • 2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
  • Flour Tortillas
  • Avocado-ranch dipping sauce:
  • 1 c. ranch
  • 1 whole avocado, mashed
  • 2 tsp. onion powder
  • Salt & pepper
  • Blend together with blender
Cook chicken and dice.(I actually dice the chicken before I cook it because it cooks faster and I don't burn my fingers trying to dice cooked chicken...) In large bowl mix all ingredients together. Sauté all ingredients until warm. Remove from heat and add shredded cheese. Warm tortillas. Place ½ c. or so of mixture inside a tortilla. Fold completely together so mixture cannot escape. Place inside a panni grill or George Forman to grill and melt cheese. Serve with dipping sauce.

Sisters Stuff
Sisters Stuff

No comments: