Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

This post is a little late... Only a week late though!  Last Thursday I celebrated my 27th birthday (ah!)  I used to LOVE my birthday.  I was excited all day, I was one year closer to some kind of milestone (21 was probably the one I was MOST excited for) and everyone treated you extra special during the day.  Now... Well, now that I can pretty much legally do everything except apply for Medicare and Social Security, birthdays are kind of just another day.  I think I need to have a kid to dote on and have fun with their birthday.  

However, I did have a great day on my birthday.  B got  me all sorts of stuff, a new heart rate monitor, PJs from Victoria's Secret and some bath stuff.  My parents took us out to eat.  I made cupcakes and proceed to eat most of them by myself and lots of people wished me a happy birthday (thanks to social media.)

It was kind of fun to look back at the last year and think about all that has happend:

  • I got to spend my entire 26th year with my best friend B
  • We got a kitty
  • We also got a puppy!
  • I moved back to the town where I grew up
  • B & I moved into together
  • Went to Arizona twice
  • I was asked to be apart of two different friend's weddings.
  • I decided to go back to school for my MBA
  • I learned to knit
  • I discovered my love of DIY projects
  • I took on a lot of new responsibility at work
  • I discovered that I am actually a pretty decent cook if I try
  • I became much more domesticated - which is weird
  • I bought my first car on my own (this actually happened at the end of January 2009, but it's close enough)
  • Learned how to use Twitter
  • Helped roof a house
  • Helped renovate a house for that matter
There are probably a million more, but that's about all I can think of for now.  Thanks to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday!  It's cliche, but I have the best family & friends EVER! :)

No comments: