Tuesday, November 4, 2008

History in the Making

Ok, so I haven't done the best with posting regularly, but I think I shall change that now! Today is November 4, 2008 and I am sitting here waiting for Barack Obama to come on and give his acceptance speech. The last time I voted in a presidental election, I was 21 and it was the first time I had voted and until today, the last. I voted democratic then (John Kerry) and today I proud to say I voted democratic again for Barack Obama. I try not to be a person who argues politics (sorry Mike, I know I argue with you about it all the time) and I try to respect people's opinions. So, whoever you voted for today, congrats on getting out and excersizing your right to vote. Something we should all be greatful for and I think too many people forget about.

I actually typed out a long blog describing why I voted for Obama, but realized that all of my reasons are pretty personal. However, no matter who you are tonight, witnessing history is pretty cool. I mean, if you ask your parents, did they ever think that they would see the day that a black man was elected president? I can't say that I ever thought I would, it's just really cool to see how America and her people have matured in their thinking over the decades. Watching the emotion tonight is truely amazing and I can't imagine that I will ever see a more memorable election.

God Bless America!

No comments: